Cut the fronts off of cereal boxes and have children paint personalized art on the cardboard. Frame as a special gift for grandma or grandpa
- Cut pictures from magazines and paste on recipe cards. Add a special verse and you have ready made Christmas cards.
- Cut out snow flakes from heavy card stock. Color and hang from thread.
- Red and green lifesavers make easy candle holders for Christmas cakes. Bake cupcakes with mom and place a life saver on the cake. Push the candle into the opening.
- keep last years cards and calendars. Glue onto cardboard and cut into shapes to make entertaining jigsaw puzzles for children.
- Make modelling clay for your brother or sister from food coloring, 1 cup salt, 1/2 cup flour and 3/4 cup water. Store in the refrigerator when not in use.
- Use pompoms, stars, and candy canes as decorations for gifts.
- Use old clothespins to make Christmas tree ornaments. Decorate with fabric, ink, and wool to make angels.
- Make pictures out of painted pasta. Glue pasta in designs on cardboard.