When Jessie, Molly and Santa go to visit relatives down south they like to go to the spring farmer’s markets. They explore the carts filled with the early crops of the season.
This year Molly found a stall that sold honey. Honey is one of her favourite sweet treats and she purchased several jars to take home.
Once she got home she mixed a recipe from her grandmother for Honey Candy,
Jessie, always helpful, rolled the jar of honey across the table to Molly and sat close to the stove so she could be the official taste tester once Molly was finished cooking.
Here is Molly’s recipe to share with your family. Make sure mom and dad help you with this recipe. Honey when heated can burn really easily.
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
food colouring (red or green)
Melt butter in a large pot. Add nuts and honey.
Fold in vanilla, food colouring and nuts.
Cool . Do not burn yourself. The mixture is very hot when it comes off the stove.
Turn mixture onto a silicone mat and shape into a log or pieces.
Chill until firm. Cut into pieces and serve cold
A new elf family moved in across the street to Molly and Santa. Jessie loves the kids in the family and wants to spend more time playing with them. Unfortunately, the family has a cat named Butch. The cat has been less then welcoming and Jessie has decided she is going to do everything she can to make friends. She thought hard and came up with a list of 10 things she could do to help her make friends.
- Lick the back of the cat’s neck every time you see it. Everyone loves kisses.
- Make friends with the cat’s owner. Everyone loves to share their friends.
- Play fetch with the cat’s ball. Everyone likes to play.
- Play hide and seek with the cat’s catnip. Everyone loves a game.
- Sit in the cat’s chair by the sun lit window. Everyone likes to share their comfy couch.
- Show the cat’s owner the mouse that the cat dropped on the kitchen floor. Everyone’s proud of a kitty who brings presents.
- Make the cat chase his kitty toy. Everyone loves exercise.
- Play in the cat’s kitty litter. Everyone likes to make sandcastles.
- Jump up on the owner’s lap when they’re cuddling. Everyone likes to make friends.
- Dump the cat’s water over its back. Everyone loves a good bath.
Continue reading Jessie’s 10 ways to make friends with a cat