- Lots and lots of applesauce cookies. (Molly’s special recipe)
- Chasing Arthur, the cat next door, around the trees in Claus park.
- Practising with the dog sled team.
- Travelling in the sled to visit Santa’s manufacturing facilities.
- Sleeping the afternoon away beside the warm fire in Santa’s den.
- Having snow ball fights with Jessie’s friend, Chloe.
- Listening to the radio with Santa and Molly on a cold winter’s night. (There might be popcorn involved.)
- Burying her booties in the snow to hide them from Molly.
- Listening to Molly read from a mystery book on Saturday nights.
- Trips with Molly and Santa to warm locations to swim in the surf,
Sunday mornings in January are always lazy times at the North Pole. The elves get Sundays off and Santa tries to stay away from his lists.
Molly loves having Santa home and tries to make a special breakfast for the family. Each week she makes something different. Sometimes she makes Santa’s favorite Waffles and sometimes when hen Jessie has gotten better from being sick, or when she’s been a particularly good girl, Molly makes Jessie’s favorite breakfast Blueberry French toast.
Jessie loves the food so much she wants to share the recipe with all her friends.
1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
bread of your choice
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Eat less of Molly’s famous tarts. They taste so good that Jessie can’t stop until the entire tin is gone.
- Only chase the cats in the town when Molly is away. For some reason Molly always gets upset when Jessie corners one of the neighbor cats up a tree.
- Cuddle with Santa more often. Santa is so busy during the year that Jessie misses the attention. When Santa is home Jessie plans to spend as much time with him as possible.
- Participate in the sled games and stop sliding into the finish line. Jessie has played in the games 3 times now and each time she has slid. This year Jessie wants to stop elegantly at the end of the race just as her friend Angel does.
- Learn some of the ancient words of the Elven language. The elves don’t use the language much but when they do it sounds beautiful. The funny thing is the elves only tend to use the words when Jessie has gotten into mischief.
- Lose some weight. Jessie’s tummy is getting rounder and the coat Molly made her is starting to stretch.
- Sleep more. Jessie only takes a morning nap, an afternoon nap and an evening nap. She thinks that adding a before supper nap is a good idea.
- Whimper less when Molly is giving her a bath. Jessie hates baths. She used to run and hide in the corner when Molly got the soap out at bath time. Jessie wants to please Molly and has vowed be quieter.
- Wear her shoes when Molly asks her to. Jessie often runs away when Molly asks her to put on her booties. She really hates the feel of the fabric on the coarse pads of her feet. But the last few times she has ran away Jessie came home limping. Her feet got too cold. So when Molly asks her to put on the shoes she will try not to run away.
- Go ice fishing with Santa and be silent. The last few times they went Jessie scared the fish away with her excited yipping.