- Eat less of Molly’s famous tarts. They taste so good that Jessie can’t stop until the entire tin is gone.
- Only chase the cats in the town when Molly is away. For some reason Molly always gets upset when Jessie corners one of the neighbor cats up a tree.
- Cuddle with Santa more often. Santa is so busy during the year that Jessie misses the attention. When Santa is home Jessie plans to spend as much time with him as possible.
- Participate in the sled games and stop sliding into the finish line. Jessie has played in the games 3 times now and each time she has slid. This year Jessie wants to stop elegantly at the end of the race just as her friend Angel does.
- Learn some of the ancient words of the Elven language. The elves don’t use the language much but when they do it sounds beautiful. The funny thing is the elves only tend to use the words when Jessie has gotten into mischief.
- Lose some weight. Jessie’s tummy is getting rounder and the coat Molly made her is starting to stretch.
- Sleep more. Jessie only takes a morning nap, an afternoon nap and an evening nap. She thinks that adding a before supper nap is a good idea.
- Whimper less when Molly is giving her a bath. Jessie hates baths. She used to run and hide in the corner when Molly got the soap out at bath time. Jessie wants to please Molly and has vowed be quieter.
- Wear her shoes when Molly asks her to. Jessie often runs away when Molly asks her to put on her booties. She really hates the feel of the fabric on the coarse pads of her feet. But the last few times she has ran away Jessie came home limping. Her feet got too cold. So when Molly asks her to put on the shoes she will try not to run away.
- Go ice fishing with Santa and be silent. The last few times they went Jessie scared the fish away with her excited yipping.
Molly, Santa and Jessie have been invited to a picnic at Molly’s sisters down south. Molly shuffled through her recipes to look for something perfect to bring to the celebration. After hours of looking she decided to bring her mother’s recipe for Hazelnut Raspberry Brownies. She loves how the tart raspberries combine with the rich chocolate.
At the party everyone loved Molly’s dessert and requested the recipe. She has typed it out below for all her friends to enjoy.
1/4 cup hazelnut coffee
7 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups stevia
1 tsp vanilla
t tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup raspberries
1 cup chocolate chips
Incorporate all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a glass pan for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and ice. Store in refrigerator.
1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1/8 cup hazelnut coffee
1 2/4 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
- Star gazing late at night with Jessie and Molly at his side. He especially enjoys the Perseids Meteor Shower.
- Water skiing with the elves. Jessie barks at him from the motor boat while Santa tries to perform tricks for his friends.
- Picnics near the lake. Molly always packs a special lunch. They enjoy the treats and relax by the lapping water.
- Feeding the ducks with the elves children. Santa loves to see the smiles and laughter on the children’s faces.
- Visiting the deer houses after the new baby deer have been born. Santa likes the babies to get to know him as soon as possible.
- Going for a midnight walk on hot, steamy summer nights. Jessie and Santa listen to the sounds of the owls and the coyotes on their walks.
- Sleeping in the hammock under the trees. Santa doesn’t get much down time at Christmas, so he likes to enjoy a vacation during the warm summer months.
- Cold iced tea on the patio with Jessie and Molly. Santa loves iced tea in the sun. The only thing he loves better is to spend time with Jessie and Molly.
- Swimming in the lake with his snorkel and flippers. Santa likes to look for treasures under the water as he gets his summer exercise.
- Watching the bike races on tv. Santa used to ride bicycles when he was young, and he always marvels at how fast the racers go. It’s can be a dangerous sport, so Santa uses his Christmas magic to keep the racers safe.
- Soft ice cream in a cup on those toasty, humid days in July
- Trips to Lake Huron to visit Molly’s sister. Molly’s sister always makes meat loaf for Jessie.
- Swimming in the lake with Santa. Jessie likes to splash Santa when he’s not looking.
- Trips to the dog park. Jessie loves to make new friends with the other dogs.
- Chunks of cold watermelon. Jessie loves this sweet treat.
- Chasing butterflies in the garden. Jessie never catches the bugs, but she loves to see the bright colors flit and flutter through the air.
- Baths in the warm sun. Jessie doesn’t like the bath so much, but she loves her fur to be dried with the towel.
- Day trips in Santa’s convertible. Jessie loves having her ears flopping in the wind.
- Sleeping under the trees in the park. Jessie loves to feel the warm sunshine on her back and the breeze on her fur.