- Lots and lots of applesauce cookies. (Molly’s special recipe)
- Chasing Arthur, the cat next door, around the trees in Claus park.
- Practising with the dog sled team.
- Travelling in the sled to visit Santa’s manufacturing facilities.
- Sleeping the afternoon away beside the warm fire in Santa’s den.
- Having snow ball fights with Jessie’s friend, Chloe.
- Listening to the radio with Santa and Molly on a cold winter’s night. (There might be popcorn involved.)
- Burying her booties in the snow to hide them from Molly.
- Listening to Molly read from a mystery book on Saturday nights.
- Trips with Molly and Santa to warm locations to swim in the surf,
Sunday mornings in January are always lazy times at the North Pole. The elves get Sundays off and Santa tries to stay away from his lists.
Molly loves having Santa home and tries to make a special breakfast for the family. Each week she makes something different. Sometimes she makes Santa’s favorite Waffles and sometimes when hen Jessie has gotten better from being sick, or when she’s been a particularly good girl, Molly makes Jessie’s favorite breakfast Blueberry French toast.
Jessie loves the food so much she wants to share the recipe with all her friends.
1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
bread of your choice
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Jessie is playing a game with Chloe the elf. She wants to know what Jessie’s favorite color is and why. The only problem is that Jessie has more than one favorite color. Her favorites are listed below.
- Green – It reminds her of the trees and grass she likes to smell in spring.
- Black – It reminds her of the sky and flying in the sleigh with Santa.
- Blue – Jessie has wonderful memories of fishing in the river with Santa.
- Brown – Jessie has relaxing memories of sitting in the kitchen with Molly Claus as she paints pictures.
- Red – Jessie loves her Christmas treats. They are always hung in red stockings by the Claus’ fireplace
- Purple – Molly Claus’ favorite jumper is purple. It smells of honey and spice. Every time she enters a room Jessie knows she is there.
- Silver – Santa’s glasses are rimmed with silver. Jessie loves to sit beside his chair as he reads books to her.
- Hyacinths because they remind Jessie of the perfume that Mrs Claus wears.
- Fruit tree blossoms because the elves like to play catch with the fruit taken from the trees. Sometimes they let Jessie play and they have a game of baseball. Jessie gets to be an outfielder.
- Primroses because Jessie likes to see bright colors in the snow.
- Tulips because bees like to collect nectar from them. Jessie likes watching bees but she is careful to stay away so her nose doesn’t get stung.
- Snow Drops because she likes the sound of the name.
- Pansies because it’s a sign to Jessie that the warm weather is coming. Every year Mrs. Claus puts pots of pansies outside her kitchen window with the first gust of warm wind.
- Daffodils because Jessie likes bright things.
- Crocus because the plants name reminds her of frogs croaking in the spring. Jessie likes to listen to the peepers and watch the frogs jump and splash in the puddles.