It’s near the end of July and Jessie is getting excited. Santa and Molly throw a great big Christmas party for the elves in July. Jessie’s top 10 fun things to do at the Christmas party are here:
- Jumping in the wading pool with Santa.
- Licking a Popsicle under the picnic table.
- Watching the sack races. Jessie likes to root for Santa and Molly. They haven’t won a race yet but the air is filled with Santa’s ho ho ho’s all through the game.
- A great big bonfire with friends and s’mores. Jessie isn’t allowed the chocolate but she likes the gram crackers and marshmallows.
- Listening to Santa reading a story about the stars by the bonfire. Jessie likes to watch the elf children sleepily trying to keep their eyes open.
- Hot dogs and hamburgers at the community barbecue.
- Presents from Santa and Molly. Jessie gets a new bed, a chew toy and some clothing from Molly.
- Watching the elf parade under the stars. The floats are light up with bright Christmas lights and full of wacky colours.
- Watching the present wrapping, cookie baking, gingerbread making and sled contests.
- Falling asleep in her sleeping bag under the stars full of great memories for the day.
A new elf family moved in across the street to Molly and Santa. Jessie loves the kids in the family and wants to spend more time playing with them. Unfortunately, the family has a cat named Butch. The cat has been less then welcoming and Jessie has decided she is going to do everything she can to make friends. She thought hard and came up with a list of 10 things she could do to help her make friends.
- Lick the back of the cat’s neck every time you see it. Everyone loves kisses.
- Make friends with the cat’s owner. Everyone loves to share their friends.
- Play fetch with the cat’s ball. Everyone likes to play.
- Play hide and seek with the cat’s catnip. Everyone loves a game.
- Sit in the cat’s chair by the sun lit window. Everyone likes to share their comfy couch.
- Show the cat’s owner the mouse that the cat dropped on the kitchen floor. Everyone’s proud of a kitty who brings presents.
- Make the cat chase his kitty toy. Everyone loves exercise.
- Play in the cat’s kitty litter. Everyone likes to make sandcastles.
- Jump up on the owner’s lap when they’re cuddling. Everyone likes to make friends.
- Dump the cat’s water over its back. Everyone loves a good bath.
Continue reading Jessie’s 10 ways to make friends with a cat
Santa loves spending the long weekend with his family. Santa, Jessie and Molly take some time off to enjoy each other’s company. This is a list of Santa’s favourite things to do on his holiday.
- Santa loves fishing with Molly and Jessie. They have a competition to see who can catch and release the biggest fish. The winner gets to choose what they will eat for dinner.
- Singing songs around the campfire on a clear starry evening.
- Planting the vegetable garden with Santa’s favourite vegetables. He loves carrots, spinach and tomatoes.
- Going down south and canoeing on the great lakes.
- Barbecuing steaks on the grill. This is one of Jessie’s favourite activities.
- Going for a walk on a trail.
- Golfing with friends. Santa doesn’t golf very well but he loves driving Jessie around on the little cart.
- Visiting amusement parks. Santa loves roller coasters. He says they remind him of rides on the sleigh.
- Napping during the middle of the day. When the Christmas season is near Santa is too busy to rest during the afternoon so he enjoys taking a nap when he can.
- Having family reunions with Molly’s family. Molly, Jessie and Santa visit Molly’s family every May and love the talent show their relatives put on.
Sunday mornings in January are always lazy times at the North Pole. The elves get Sundays off and Santa tries to stay away from his lists.
Molly loves having Santa home and tries to make a special breakfast for the family. Each week she makes something different. Sometimes she makes Santa’s favorite Waffles and sometimes when hen Jessie has gotten better from being sick, or when she’s been a particularly good girl, Molly makes Jessie’s favorite breakfast Blueberry French toast.
Jessie loves the food so much she wants to share the recipe with all her friends.
1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
bread of your choice
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Continue reading Jessie’s Special Treat – Blueberry French Toast