Jessie loves the fall. She likes jumping in the crispy leaves and taking long walks with Santa and Molly.
Molly and Jessie made a list of all the things they want to do this fall. Here is the top ten list.
- Go apple picking with Santa and bob for apples.
- Go on a hay ride.
- Visit a corn maze. Jessie can always find rabbits to make friends with in the corn.
- Watch the elves dance by a bonfire.
- Help molly carve Jack-O-Lanterns for Halloween.
- Go for a frosty morning run with Santa.
- Watch the monarchs as they fly about getting ready to leave for the south.
- Take selfies with Molly and Santa in the sunflower fields.
- Go to the country fair and eat sausages.
- Greeting the trick or treaters on Halloween.
It’s near the end of July and Jessie is getting excited. Santa and Molly throw a great big Christmas party for the elves in July. Jessie’s top 10 fun things to do at the Christmas party are here:
- Jumping in the wading pool with Santa.
- Licking a Popsicle under the picnic table.
- Watching the sack races. Jessie likes to root for Santa and Molly. They haven’t won a race yet but the air is filled with Santa’s ho ho ho’s all through the game.
- A great big bonfire with friends and s’mores. Jessie isn’t allowed the chocolate but she likes the gram crackers and marshmallows.
- Listening to Santa reading a story about the stars by the bonfire. Jessie likes to watch the elf children sleepily trying to keep their eyes open.
- Hot dogs and hamburgers at the community barbecue.
- Presents from Santa and Molly. Jessie gets a new bed, a chew toy and some clothing from Molly.
- Watching the elf parade under the stars. The floats are light up with bright Christmas lights and full of wacky colours.
- Watching the present wrapping, cookie baking, gingerbread making and sled contests.
- Falling asleep in her sleeping bag under the stars full of great memories for the day.
When Jessie, Molly and Santa go to visit relatives down south they like to go to the spring farmer’s markets. They explore the carts filled with the early crops of the season.
This year Molly found a stall that sold honey. Honey is one of her favourite sweet treats and she purchased several jars to take home.
Once she got home she mixed a recipe from her grandmother for Honey Candy,
Jessie, always helpful, rolled the jar of honey across the table to Molly and sat close to the stove so she could be the official taste tester once Molly was finished cooking.
Here is Molly’s recipe to share with your family. Make sure mom and dad help you with this recipe. Honey when heated can burn really easily.
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
food colouring (red or green)
Melt butter in a large pot. Add nuts and honey.
Fold in vanilla, food colouring and nuts.
Cool . Do not burn yourself. The mixture is very hot when it comes off the stove.
Turn mixture onto a silicone mat and shape into a log or pieces.
Chill until firm. Cut into pieces and serve cold
A new elf family moved in across the street to Molly and Santa. Jessie loves the kids in the family and wants to spend more time playing with them. Unfortunately, the family has a cat named Butch. The cat has been less then welcoming and Jessie has decided she is going to do everything she can to make friends. She thought hard and came up with a list of 10 things she could do to help her make friends.
- Lick the back of the cat’s neck every time you see it. Everyone loves kisses.
- Make friends with the cat’s owner. Everyone loves to share their friends.
- Play fetch with the cat’s ball. Everyone likes to play.
- Play hide and seek with the cat’s catnip. Everyone loves a game.
- Sit in the cat’s chair by the sun lit window. Everyone likes to share their comfy couch.
- Show the cat’s owner the mouse that the cat dropped on the kitchen floor. Everyone’s proud of a kitty who brings presents.
- Make the cat chase his kitty toy. Everyone loves exercise.
- Play in the cat’s kitty litter. Everyone likes to make sandcastles.
- Jump up on the owner’s lap when they’re cuddling. Everyone likes to make friends.
- Dump the cat’s water over its back. Everyone loves a good bath.
Continue reading Jessie’s 10 ways to make friends with a cat